Top tips to help your business cope with COVID-19
We’ve put together our top tips to help those companies that need to have drivers on the road during these challenging times.
The advice from the health service is to keep our hands, and surfaces that our hands touch, as clean as possible. This especially applies to payments, where cash and payment devices may pick up germs.
Here’s our 10 suggestions for employees to consider when refuelling and paying for goods whilst on the road:
- Use outdoor payment terminals or night payment hatches where possible and your card allows.
- Use gloves where provided (or take your own) to prevent direct contact with payment terminals and fuel nozzles. For drivers who have a chip and signature payment card, we recommend that they carry their own pen with them to use when paying for the transaction.
- Look at refuelling during quieter times of the day if at all possible.
- Keep car touchpoints and cards clean, using anti-bac wipes wherever you can.
- When employees need to queue outside of their vehicle for fuel or goods, they should stay a 2 metre distance away from the person queuing in front of them.
- Employees should wash their hands and or use hand gel if they need to touch a payment device or fuel pump.
- If your employee has a contactless payment card, encourage them to use this form of payment if the price of the transaction allows.
- Some garages and food outlets may only let a certain number of people in the building at one time. Ensure your employees respect this rule to avoid close contact with other people.
- Where possible buy products online to avoid contact and passing on germs at payment terminals.
- Remember to follow Government advice to only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
Your employees shouldn't need to worry about how and where they stop to refuel. A fuel card, used in combination with a fuel station site locator, can help avoid the need to drive extra miles to find a low cost supermarket or site providing Discount Diesel.
Should your business want them to, all Allstar Visa cards can be used for online purchases, backed by the latest fraud prevention tools such as Verified by VISA. You can check and change permissions for each card using Allstar Online.
With all the challenges businesses have right now, now is the time to keep an extra eye on running costs.
The cost of fuel can vary dramatically even within a local area so use a tool such as Allstar’s site locator to identify the low cost fuel locations and keep in touch with the UK’s latest fuel prices. With access to the UK’s largest fuel card network, covering 90% of UK sites, including low cost supermarkets and Discount Diesel sites your employees shouldn’t need to use more expensive options.
Amidst all the confusion that businesses are facing, now is not the time to let your paperwork get out of control. Further down the line you’ll be needing to reconcile expenses, submit VAT returns, and gather up receipts that may get forgotten.
Avoid this pain by using the right tools:
- Avoid an administrative headache by choosing the right fuel card to suit your business’ needs.
- For more general expenses an electronic receipt capture system can also help you keep on top of your paperwork, if your card allows.
- The fastest way to manage your account is through Allstar Online, giving you 24/7 access to order and cancel cards, view invoices or transactions, update card permissions and more.
- If you have any queries that cannot be managed through Allstar Online, please email us at email@example.com and a member of the team will respond as soon as possible.
- You can separate your drivers’ private and business mileage with Business Mileage Monitor, making HMRC compliance easier
Sadly even in these difficult times, we have seen instances of attempted fraud. Ensure you and your employees pay using secure methods; for example, fuel or expenses cards rather than cash. Also check online purchases are made using proper authentication such as Verified by Visa, standard on all our Visa cards (you can check and change permissions for each card, including enabling online purchases, using Allstar Online).
Make sure you remain vigilant in checking your invoices and statements for any unusual activity and take corrective measures against any spending which are against you internal policy. If you suspect there may be fraud on your account please call us on 0370 419 5165.
We will never call you up asking for your full PIN, password or payment details.