Fleet Van Awards, Telford, 18th September, 2014
Our most viewed articles
Do you believe that your business operates one of the best van fleets in the industry?
Balancing the needs for reliability, safety and fuel efficiency against budget control and running costs?
If so, you might be interested in the Fleet Van Awards due to take place in Telford on 18th September 2014.
A black tie event, the Fleet Van Awards are the most prestigious in the industry, with the winners recognised amongst their peers for their commitment to quality, innovation and service. If you've never been to the Awards in the seven years they have been running, here's a guide to what you can expect.
Order of the evening
As you might expect from a high-class event, the evening begins with a drinks reception, the chance for everyone to chat and mingle.
From there, the attendees move on to enjoy a sumptuous three course gala dinner then it's onto the main event: the awards.
After the awards have been given out and winners celebrated, the night will finish off with a top entertainer.
The Awards are a fabulous way for many different fleet providers to rub shoulders and get together with their peers, as well as manufacturers and rental firms.
Anyone who is associated with a fleet or the provision of vehicles or services for one could enjoy the evening.
There are a whole range of award categories that fleet managers, suppliers and manufacturers can enter for, plus an extra award judged on previous winners.
The categories announced for 2014 are as follows:
• Green Van Fleet of the Year
• Safe Van Fleet of the Year
• Van Fleet of the Year - Business Services
• Van Fleet of the Year - Construction and Building
• Van Fleet of the Year - Public Sector and Blue Light
• Van Fleet of the Year - Transport and Logistics
• Van Fleet of the Year - Utilities
• Van Fleet of the Year - Wholesale/Retail/Food
• Best New Product or Service
• Customer Service Award
• Technology Initiative of the Year
• Van Fleet Management & Leasing Company of the Year
• Van Rental Company of the Year
• Best Van Chassis Derivative
• City Van of the Year
• Green Fleet Manufacturer of the Year
• Large Panel Van of the Year
• Medium Panel Van of the Year
• Pick-up Truck of the Year
• Small Van of the Year
• Light Commercial Vehicle of the Year
• Supplier of the Year
• Van Fleet Manager of the Year
• Van Fleet Manufacturer of the Year
The Fleet Van Awards are due to be held on 18th September 2014 at the following location:
The International Centre
St Quentin Gate
Lying in the heart of the Midlands, The International Centre offers some of the best facilities available. With a contemporary yet comfortable interior, it's the perfect place to hold large events. There's two onsite hotels – ideal for delegates who want to make a night of it – and there's a third hotel just a short stroll away.
Despite the top class facilities, the hotel exudes an intimate atmosphere, largely thanks to the fact it's family-run.
Access to the Centre is easy, with major road routes running right to its door whilst its proximity to the town centre means it's convenient for rail travel too.
For those who want to explore the nearby area, the county of Shropshire – the birth of Charles Darwin – offers plenty of history. The UNESCO world heritage site, Ironbridge Gorge, is easy to reach and worth a look while in the town.